Monday, July 6, 2009

{Triggered!!}


Today was "Day 11" of my "cycle" I went in to the RE this morning for another u/s and bloodwork. The U/S looked great compared to Friday, I had several 'mature' follicles and several more that will be mature by the time of egg retrieval, so that's a good sign. I got the call back from the nurse at the RE this afternoon and just as the u/s tech thought, we scheduled me to take the hcg 'trigger' shot tonight, which makes the egg retrieval (ER) 36 hours from that. So...since Andy isn't able to deal with needles and this shot had to be done Intramuscularly where I couldn't really see to do it myself, we went over to my friend's house and she did the injection for me. She did an awesome job and it went very smooth!! :) So now I just have to take a pregnancy test in the morning to confirm the HCG got absorbed (it should be positive..weird I know..) then Wednesday morning we go in and my eggs are retrieved! So..we're keeping our fingers crossed that the smaller follies develop and we have PLENTY of good eggs from the retrieval.


That's all for now .. I will update more on Wednesday (or Thurs if I'm too loopy Weds) after the ER!!!

1 comment:

  1. I followed your link in your siggy from The Nest. I just wanted to comment and wish you all the best of luck.

    I am also on IVF #1, looking to trigger on Saturday (CD 14) and ER on Monday. (I must be a slow developer or something, LOL). All this is so new to me, so it's comforting to see someone else who understands, going through it too.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete