Thursday, July 9, 2009

{Fertilization Report #1/Day 2}

Results are in...I got a phone call this morning and out of the 30 eggs that were retrieved, 20 fertilized!!! So we have VERY good numbers to work with :) It sounds like we will most likely be doing a 5 day transfer (which is what I was hoping for, it seems like it has better odds..) but I will find out more tomorrow when I get a call to see how the embryos are dividing and surviving. I'm getting so nervous/excited and can't believe this is all really happening!

I also had to start my progesterone shots this morning. That is definitely not going to be a fun one ... the shot is IM (Intramuscular) just as the HCG was which means I have to do it in the upper buttocks/lower back area and the needle is much longer than the SQ needles were. And not only that it's Progesterone in oil and it takes SOOOOO long to inject..I felt like I was holding the needle in me forever :( So it's gonna be a fun one to take every day ....ugh...I just hope this is all worth it because I am sooo incredibly bloated and crampy on top of everything else..

No comments:

Post a Comment