Wednesday, July 8, 2009

{Egg Retrieval}

Well today was the "Big Day" (well one of them..). We headed up to Seattle this morning for our 10 a.m. retrieval appointment. They took my husband and I back and I got undressed and put on a gown and hair cap (I looked stunning let me tell you!), we had to wait for another patient's retrieval first, then I was taken back and the hubby left to do his part (which was much easier let me tell you ...). I was put under anesthesia and was completely out of it for about a half hour while they did the retrieval. I woke up slowly and my husband was brought back to my recovery area. Once he got back there they had the final count on how many eggs were retrieved and we were sooo thrilled and relieved to hear the number....30!!! So we have a very good chance that several will fertilize, then we just have to pray that the ones we transfer back will stick! :) We will get a call tomorrow letting us know how many fertilized and whether or not we will have a 3 or 5 day transfer. So we are counting our blessings that things are going great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment