Sunday, June 14, 2009

Injectibles...


Well, the reality of starting our first IVF cycle is beginning to set in. Wednesday was another day in Seattle. I picked up my husband from work and we went together to the 'Injectible Instruction' appointment. This appointment was an hour long and the nurse went over all the meds I will be on, how to measure each one (they are all different...) and how to inject them. I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of meds I will be on, I'm just hoping and praying that all this hard workand stress will pay off in the end with our little miracle :) The hour long instruction was pretty straight forward and I don't think I will have any problems with the SQ (Sub-cutaneous) injections, the only ones I'm worried about is the IM (Intra muscular), but I won't start those until AFTER the ET (Embryo Transfer). So at least I have a couple weeks to get used to the idea!




After the Injections training my husband and I went to a nice lunch on the marina and had the rest of the afternoon off together which was very nice since it doesn't happen very often! :)




Thursday I received my medications in the mail. It came in a HUGE box and I was amazed at the amount of medications I received (I don't even want to know how much they would all cost if it was OOP (out of pocket). Praise God for our insurance coverage.




Next on our IVF 'checklist' is to start Luteal Lupron tomorrow! Wish me luck with my first type of injections (it's only gonna get worse from here though ..moving up to more than 1 injection per day..)
Here's my meds for IVF #1...and we may possibly need more depending on how my body responds to the dosage....crazy!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Suzie! I'm so happy that you posted this blog! I'm happy to be along for the ride, so to speak, on your journey!

    ReplyDelete