Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Consents and Bloodwork

Appt #2 for our IVF cycle was this morning. We met our Dr. in the Seattle office and he went over the consent forms that we had to initial and sign. These are basically precautions for the office/dr. and explain some of the complications and risks associated with ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques) that may arise during our cycle. After going over these and talking about what the doctor thinks our success rates and complications may be, my husband waited for the nurse to get his blood drawn and I went in to have a quick pap smear. When I came out from my pap smear, my husband was just going back to get his blood drawn. When he came back out from the blood draw area his face was GREEN ...the same color as his shirt. The poor guy nearly passed out! Luckily this should be the only blood test he has to take throughout our infertility journey. If he was the one in my position having to do daily shots, I don't think we'd ever have our own children together!! After we were finished we signed the consents and turned those into the front desk and confirmed our next appointment for tomorrow: Injections Training. Things are moving right along, and we're getting anxious to get through this cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment